GAME OF THRONES Actor Richard Madden is Reportedly Wanted as The Next JAMES BOND

It doesn’t look like James Bond producer Barbara Broccoli isn’t going to waste any time casting a new actor in the role of Bond when Daniel Craig is finally done. According to a new report, executive producer Barbara Broccoli is looking to offer Game of Thrones alum Richard Madden the role following Craig’s departure. Broccoli is said to be very impressed by Madden’s performance in the BBC thriller Bodyguard.

According to The Sun, an unnamed source close to Broccoli, said Madden is a "serious" candidate for the role. "Not only is he on top of Barbara's list," said the source, "but she is preparing to offer the role."

If this is the direction that they are looking to take in terms of casting for the franchise, then they are obviously looking to go younger. I think the actor looks like he is a decent choice for a young version of Bond.

Madden played Robb Stark on Game of Thrones, and he also appeared as Prince Kit in Disney’s live-action Cinderella and a number of other TV roles, including Medici: Masters of Florence and Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams.

Bond 25 is being directed by Cary Fukunaga (True Detective) and it’s going to be Daniel Craig’s final performance in the role of Bond ending his five-movie run that began in 2007 with Casino Royale. What do you all think about Madden possibly replacing Craig in the role of 007?

Bond 25 It is scheduled for release on February 14, 2020.

Possible AVENGERS 4 Concept Art Shows Off Some Very Different Iron Man Armor Designs

Some possible new concept art for Avengers 4 has found its way online and it shows off some very different and very cool new Iron Man armor designs. I have no idea if these are legit or not, but they are different from anything that we’ve seen in the past, especially the masks. But, maybe the masks are something that the other Avengers will wear when they travel into space? We also get a look at the body and arm of an armor design, along with some upgraded weaponry.

Also, in case you missed it last week, here’s a possible description of the Avengers 4 trailer that you can read if you’re interested.

possible-avengers-4-concept-art-shows-off-some-very-different-iron-man-armor-designs1.jpg
possible-avengers-4-concept-art-shows-off-some-very-different-iron-man-armor-designs4.jpg
possible-avengers-4-concept-art-shows-off-some-very-different-iron-man-armor-designs2.jpg
possible-avengers-4-concept-art-shows-off-some-very-different-iron-man-armor-designs3.jpg

Source: CBM

Epic Games Is Suing A YouTuber For Cheating

Once again, Epic Games is taking a couple of cheaters to court, after the studio filed a lawsuit against YouTuber Brandon Lucas, also known as Golden Modz, and his partner Colton Conter that goes by the name Excentric.

Lucas got into trouble with Epic Games after posting several videos on his YouTube channel with 1.7 million subscribers, where he is seen cheating in Fortnite and selling cheat tools via his website, which allegedly violates the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. Conter, on the other hand, would sometimes participate in these videos, which is why Epic Games included him in the lawsuit.

“This is a copyright infringement, breach of contract, and tortious interference case in which the Defendants are infringing Epic’s copyrights by injecting unauthorized cheat software (‘cheats’ or ‘hacks’) into the copyright protected code of Epic’s popular video game Fortnite,” Epic revealed in a statement.

Epic Games is clearly sending a message to discourage other cheaters from engaging in the act. If Epic prevails, the company’s lawyers are going after the alleged profits made due to cheating, on top of damages and court costs.

This isn’t the first time that Epic filed a lawsuit against a cheater. Last year, Epic sued a 14-year-old player after posting videos of himself cheating on YouTube. Concerns on Epic’s aggressive actions were put into question after it was revealed that the defendant was a minor. The studio responded that they were not aware of the defendant’s age, but in the end, both parties compromised via a settlement instead.

Permalink

Oscar Isaac Talks STAR WARS: EPISODE IX and Says ‘Looser’ and More Improvisational Than The Previous Films

There has been some great stuff that has been improvised in the Star Wars films throughout the years. One of the most famous improvised lines was Han Solo’s “I know”. But, improvisation really hasn’t been a normal part of the Star Wars franchise. Well, now according to Oscar Isaac, things seemed to have changed for Star Wars: Episode IX.

While talking with IndieWire, Isaac offered some insight into how the new Star Wars film is being shot, it’s a lot looser than it’s been previously:

“The way they’ve been shooting it right now is looser than it’s been for the past two times. It does feel like a relief to get on set and feel like, ‘Oh, we can try things.’ It’s a testament to J.J. coming back and feeling confident. There’s less pressure for it to be right. We just want to make a good movie and have a really good time while doing it.”

It’s clarified in the article that the term “looser” refers to on-set improvisation. He goes on to explain that this way of doing things is more natural to the material saying:

“Often, you do feel like you’ve got to find your way to make something more alive, but this time, it’s been the opposite. There’s no need to smuggle anything in there.”

Improvisation isn’t a bad thing, but it’s certainly a different way of doing things and depending on the actors, it could bring greatness to the film. Of course, if the actors aren’t good at improvising then that will reflect poorly on the film. I hope that the improvising technique works for Star Wars and it will be interesting to see if the style will come off different than director J.J. Abrams’ previous Star Wars film.

What are your thoughts on Abrams implementing a more improvisational filmmaking technique to the Star Wars franchise? Do you think it will help make it a better film?

Star Wars: Episode IX is set to be released on December 20, 2019.

DOCTOR STRANGE 2 is Said To Start Shooting This Year

There’s been a lot of uncertainty about the return of Doctor Strange in the MCU. Doctor Strange is one of my favorite Marvel characters, I loved the first film, and I really was hoping that we’d see a sequel. We know there would be one, but there hasn’t been a lot of talk regarding it though. We also really haven’t really seen any rumors or news regarding the sequel over the past few months.

Well, that all changes today with news from Doctor Strange actor Benedict Wong. He recently teased that not only will he return for Avengers 4, but that he will be returning to Doctor Strange 2, which he says will start shooting at the end of the year! This news comes from CB, who heard Wong drop the big announcement at Fan Expo Vancouver over the weekend.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was supposed to be the next film to start shooting, but with that movie currently in hold, it looks like Doctor Strange 2 has been moved into its place. When previously talking about a sequel to Doctor Strange, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said:

"Sometimes it's where do those characters pop up? [Doctor] Strange, you know, whenever we do another Strange [movie], which we will do, it will be a number of years from the first Strange, and yet he's a very big part of Infinity War. So it is just a good problem to have when you have too many beloved characters that people want to see more of, whilst keeping to our core belief that we need to keep exploring nuance and keep doing different types of things."

Screenwriter C. Robert Cargill previously teased the story he’d like to tell and says he wants to include the villainous character Nightmare.

"Marvel movies work in threes. They also work outside of their threes. Some of the better Marvel films have more than one villain in them. Me and Scott have not laid the groundwork for it but what I can say is that I have a feeling that whatever Nightmare is involved with, Baron Mordo, being somebody who considers himself the defender of natural law will have something to do with it."

Doctor Strange 2 has yet to be officially announced, but if Wong is right, we should expect one soon. Obviously, director Scott Derrickson is returning to direct and Benedict Cumberbatch will be reprising his role of the Sorcerer Supreme.

Despite Being Canceled IRON FIST Will Still Appear in Netflix’s Marvel Shows

Over the weekend we learned that Netflix had cancelled Iron Fist, but that the series might continue on Disney’s streaming service. Not long after, actor Finn Jones released a statement that begins with “With every end is a new beginning”. You can read that statement below:

View this post on Instagram

with every end is a new beginning. I have an enormous amount of love and respect for everyone involved with the last two seasons of this show. Defending the greatest city in the world amongst the most talented and warmest people has been a privilege and a joy. Blessed to have taken this journey and grateful for the ongoing support. 🐲🔥💛

A post shared by Finn J (@finnjones) on

I wondered if Iron Fist would still continue to appear on the Netflix Marvel series after the show was cancelled and according to EW, the answer to that question is, yes. They don’t go into any detail, they just simply say:

“EW confirmed the character will continue to appear in the Marvel universe.”

That’s good to hear. At least we know that we’ll see Iron Fist get to play with Luke Cage a little more. Personally, I’d like to see a whole season of a series dedicated to those two characters.

One thing is made very clear. Just because Iron Fist was canceled by Netflix doesn’t mean that we’ve seen the last of the character. But, more importantly, I really hope we haven’t seen the last of Colleen Wing! She’s the best and most interesting character in the series.

New SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Set Photos Give us a Better Look at Spidey’s New Suit

new-photos-from-the-set-of-spider-man-far-from-home-give-us-a-better-look-at-spideys-new-suit-social.jpg

Last week a video from the set of Spider-Man: Far From Home surfaced featuring Spider-Man (Tom Holland) wearing his new black and red suit. Now today, we’ve got got a a bunch of new photos to share with you that give us an even better look at what the suit will look like. These are higher resolution photos that offer us a full-frontal view of the suit. At this point Marvel should just release some official photos!

We don’t know much about the film’s story, but we do know that Peter Parker (Tom Holland) will be on summer vacation with his friends in Europe and that at some point he will be facing off with the villain Mysterio (Jake Gyllenhaal). You can see some video footage from the set of Spider-Man facing off with Mysterio here. You can also read up on some additional rumored information regarding Far From Home here.

The movie also stars Zendaya, Marisa Tomei, Jacob Batalon, Michael Keaton, J.B. Smoove, Samuel L. Jackson, and Numan Acar.

Jon Watts is directing the film from a script written by Erik Sommers and Chris McKennaSpider-Man: Far From Home hits theaters July 5th, 2019.

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2’S Main Campaign Will Take Around 60 Hours To Complete

red-dead-redemption-2-01.jpg

Red Dead Redemption 2 is only a few days away, and developer Rockstar Games revealed that players will spend an estimated time of around 60 hours to complete the game’s primary campaign.

Initially, the game was supposed to feature 65 hours for the primary campaign. However, Rockstar’s Dan Houser revealed to Vulture that 5 hours of content was cut from the game. The report also showed that the material that was cut from the game was supposed to include a second romantic story arc for protagonist Arthur, but the studio said that “we decided one of them didn’t work.

Moreover, a “mission on a train where you had to deal with bounty hunters,” was also removed from the campaign, but several hands on sessions by other outlets reported that players can easily simulate this mission on thier own. As of now, the mo-cap for the game’s single-player story is already complete. However, Rockstar is still polishing a few things for Red Dead Online, which will launch as a beta in November.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is slated to release on October 26, 2018, for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Permalink

Jon Favreau Reveals THE MANDALORIAN’s Rifle in New Photo and It Looks Very Familiar

Jon Favreau has shared a new photo from the set of his Star Wars series The Mandalorian and it features the rifle that will be used by the main character in the series. As you’ll see… the rifle looks very familiar. Before we talk about it, check out the photo:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Jon Favreau (@jonfavreau) on

For those of you who don’t notice it. This is the same design of the rifle that was used by Boba Fett in the animated segment of the legendary Star Wars Holiday Special! The weapon is an Amban phase-pulse blaster, which is “a type of handheld blaster technology. The weapon had a stock at its base and a grip near its forked end. The Amban phase-pulse blaster could be used at a medium range, and it was capable of fighting off large creatures.”

For those of you that want a little reminder of what the weapon looked like in the Star Wars Holiday Special, here ya go:

Star wars hoiday special geektyrant

I think it’s so cool that they have brought this rifle back and that it will be the main characters weapon in the series! Do you think they should have kept the original pink and orange color scheme?

The series will be directed by Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). 

Here’s the official synopsis that was released:

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Warsuniverse. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. 

What do you think about The Mandalorian’s weapon of choice?

New MEN IN BLACK Photo Shows Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson Chillin’ in The Desert

new-men-in-black-photo-shows-chris-hemsworth-and-tessa-thompson-chillin-in-the-desert-social.jpg

Tessa Thompson has shared a new photo from director F. Gary Gray’s upcoming Men in Black film. As you can see, it features Thompson and Chris Hemsworth all decked out in their MIB suits while walking through the sweltering hot desert. Wearing suit in the desert seems like an uncomfortable combination, but at least they have umbrellas!

Thompson and Hemsworth will be joined in the film by Liam Neeson as the head of the U.K. branch of the MIB agency, Kumail Nanjiani as an alien side-kick character, and then there's Rafe Spall (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom), but we don't know who he's playing. Emma Thompson also joined the cast and will reprise her role as Agent 0. The latest addition to the cast is Rebecca Ferguson.

Men in Black was written by Iron Man writers Matt Holloway and Art Marcum. The film is expected to be released on June 14, 2019.

View this post on Instagram

Buds in Black. @chrishemsworth

A post shared by Tessa Thompson (@tessamaethompson) on